"The Army has been very accommodating, so I never really found it too difficult." - Sgt Heywood. Did you know that there are hundreds of single and married serving soldiers and officers in the Army who are also working mums. That’s why we offer a generous package tailored to working mothers.
Whether you’ve always wanted to join, or have just started to consider it, the Army is a great option. Women are on the same pay scale as men and are paid according to their rank. What’s more, women and men are promoted based on performance, capability and potential.
The Army’s key purpose is to defend the interests of the UK and our overseas territories. But it goes further than that. You could be called upon to support peacekeeping missions, help people affected by natural disasters and work to prevent terrorism all over the world.
What's on offer?
- You will be entitled up to £243 tax-free childcare vouchers. For more information visit http://www.modchildcare.co.uk/
- 6 months fully paid maternity. You’ll carry on building up your annual leave whilst you’re on maternity leave.
- Nurseries available on some of the military bases as well as bus stops nearby to take your children to primary and secondary schools.
- Job security.
- Subsidised accommodation and food.
- Competitive pay. You will earn £18,305 after training.
- Free dental and free medical cover.
- Non-contributory pension.
- Transferable skills and qualifications.
- Opportunities for adventurous training.
- 38 days holiday, including bank holidays.
- There are opportunities for flexible working hours.
- Generous boarding school allowances.