Canoeing and kayaking
The Joint Service Canoeing/Kayaking Scheme provides training from dedicated centres in the UK and overseas to meet the aims of Adventurous Training through the delivery of structured courses for Open Canoeing and Inland, Sea, and Surf Kayaking disciplines.
Examples of Canoe and Kayak courses on offer include:
- Inland Kayak 2 Star Foundation (K2F) - A 5-day course to be undertaken by novices that introduces them to the basic skills of the activity. A similar course exists for Open Canoeing.
- Canoe Instructor Levels 1 and 2 (CI 1 and 2) - 2 x 5-day courses designed to enable personnel to instruct the basic skills of Inland Kayaking and Open Canoeing.
- 3 Star Intermediate (K3N, O3N, S3N, U3N) - A range of 5-day courses which develop an individual into a competent paddler. Courses are specific to the disciplines of Open Canoeing, Inland, Sea and Surf Kayaking
- 4 Star Leader (K4L, O4L, S4L, U4L) - A range of 5-day courses which qualify an individual to introduce, coach and lead a group of 6 novices on moderate water. Courses are specific to the disciplines of Open Canoeing, Inland, Sea and Surf Kayaking.
- 5 Star Instructor (K5I, O5I, S5I, U5I) - A range of activity-specific (Open, Inland, Sea and Surf) courses which qualify an individual to deliver all aspects of the activity at an advanced level.
For more information, logon to Defence Intranet or use the contact us form.