It meets the aims of AT through a combination of.
- Shore-based and on-board sailing courses
- Home study
Examples of Offshore Sailing courses on offer include.
- RYA Competent Crew (CTC) - A 5-day course designed for complete novices, training service personnel to be a useful member of a yacht crew.
- RYA Day Skipper (DSS and DSP) - 2 x 5-day modules (shorebased and practical). Studnets are taught the theory and techniques of skippering a Victoria 34 Sail Trainig Craft (STC)
- RYA Yachtmaster - A series of shorebased and practical courses which qualify a student to yachtmaster level in coastal, offshore and ocean environments.
- RYA Yachtmaster Instructor (YIQ) - a 3-day course followed by a 1-day assessment designed to teach Yatchmasters how to instruct the RYA National Cruising Scheme.
- RYA Yachtmaster Examiner (YEQ) - a 2-day course and assessment conducted by the RYA on a Vic 34 STC.
Following the successful completion of courses, students are awarded the relevant RYA certificates.
For more information, logon to Defence Intranet or use the contact us form.