It is to meet the aims of AT through the delivery of structured courses that seek to develop the requisite skills and techniques necessary to.
- Teach personnel to ski safely and competently on a pisted slope in an Alpine environment
- Teach personnel to ski safely and competently on tracks in a Nordic environment
- Introduce the skills and techniques required to ski off-piste
- Develop skills and techniques of ski touring
- Develop skills and techniques of ski mountaineering
Examples of Skiing courses on offer include.
- Ski Foundation - 3 x 5-day modules which introduce a novice skier to on-piste alpine skiing, progressing to off-piste skiing and finally ski touring techniques.
- Ski Foundation (Nordic) - 2 x 5-day modules which introduce a novice to nordic track skiing, progressing to off-track nordic techniques.
- Ski Leader - 3 x 10-day modules which train personnel to instruct and lead groups during on-piste, off-piste and ski touring activities.
- Ski Leader (Nordic) - 3 x 10-day modules which train personnel to instruct and lead groups during track, off-track and remote back-country nordic ski touring activities.
- Ski Mountaineering - 2 x 10-day modules to train experienced ski leaders in ski mountaineering techniques in order to lead and instruct higher level, world-wide expeditions including glacial terrain.
For more information, logon to Defence Intranet or use the contact us form.