This is to meet the aims of AT through the delivery of structured courses that seek to develop the requisite skills and techniques necessary to
- Conduct open water diving
- Gain rescue experience, dive leadership, moving up to instructional and leadership roles
Examples of Sub-Aqua Diving courses on offer include.
- BASC Ocean Diver (ODC) - a 5-day qualifying course for the complete beginner.
- BASC Sports Diver (SPC) - a 5-day qualifying course open to
- BSAC Ocean Divers. BASC Dive Leader (DLC) - a 5-day qualifying course open to
- BSAC Sport Divers. BASC Advanced Diver (ADQ) - a 5-day qualifying course open to BSAC Dive Leaders.
- BSAC Combined Instructor Foundation Course and Open Water Instructor Examination (IFC and OWI) - A 5-day course combining the necessary theory and practical elements to produce an instructor capable of teaching sub-aqua diving in the classroom, swimming pool and open water conditions
Following the successful completion of courses, and unless stipulated, British Sub-Aqua Club civilian qualifications are awarded.
For more information, logon to ArmyNet, or contact us or visit the Army Sub-Aqua Diving (ASADA) website.